Sunday, April 23, 2006

Temporary Housing Muelaboh

  Posted by Picasa
Muelaboh is the biggest City on the West Coast of Aceh, and was probably worst hit. The roads were difficult, and in many cases impassable, in all directions out of the city. The Market had only just reopened days before I arrived. Much of the population were living in tents and other forms of temporary housing. Muelaboh had a much different feel to it than Banda and was depressing at times. The worst part was the fact that I had to spend the nights I was there in the Hotel which had survived the Tsunami but had basic facilities. Before arriving in Muelaboh I had either stayed in a Camp, at the JRS office, or at a guest house. Being confined to a room from 6pm and too hot to sleep wasn't fun, although I was happy to be there after waking in the middle of the night one night to a large storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home