Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sailing Northland's East Coast

Peter (on left) His Son Sam (my oldest and best mate) and his girlfriend Kate at Cape Brett



















































As Most People who read this blog know, I'm crazy mad about sailing. So just after new year when my I was asked to come on a cruising trip from Whangarei to The Bay of Islands there was only ever going to be one answer.
With Northland notoriously great weather we set off with a 15 knot south easterly wind and spent the night in Bland bay.
We also managed to hook 5 bonitos (only keeping one) and a sting ray which meant we had to cut the line. It was quite disappointing as I was looking forward to a nice feed of Kahawai.
All went according to plan except for our missing Mooring in Opua.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home